the place to be
Sunday May 28th 2017

Are you registered to vote in the General Election on 8 June?

 poster for general election

On Thursday 8 June a General Election will be held. In this election you elect a Member of the UK Parliament (MP) to represent your constituency, which is East Surrey.

To be able to vote in these elections your name must be included in the Register of Electors. If you are already registered to vote or applied before the deadline for the 4 May local elections, you do not need to re-register.

To register, completed applications must have been received by Monday 22 May. It’s easy to register – just complete the online registration form at

   Voting in person  Voting by post  Voting by proxy
Apply by


Monday 22 May

5pm Tuesday 23 May 5pm Wednesday 31 May if proxy is voting in person

5pm Tuesday 23 May if proxy wishes to vote by post

How You vote at your allocated polling station We send you a postal vote pack which you then complete and return You appoint someone you trust to vote on your behalf
When Polling stations are open from 7am to 10pm, on Thursday 8 June A postal vote pack will be sent out from Wednesday 24 May. It must be received by the Returning Officer by 10pm, on Thursday 8 June Your proxy votes either in person on Thursday 8 June or by post in advance
Where A poll card will be sent to you with polling station details Your postal vote can be sent either to your home address or a different address that you specify Your proxy must vote at your designated polling station or by post.
Who You vote You complete the postal vote pack yourself. No one else should see how you have voted

It is very important that you pick someone you trust to act as your proxy