The London2Brighton Challenge will take place on the 27th – 28th May 2017 and will be passing through Bletchingley.
This will be the sixth year of the event and we are hugely excited to kick start our season with this fantastic challenge once again. To give you a bit more information about the challenge we will be starting in Richmond, between 6:10am and 11am, where 3000 runners and walkers will make their way along the 100km route to Brighton. Participants will leave Old Deer Park in Richmond at staggered intervals of twenty minutes, helping to protect the environment and lessen the impact on the local community. We see all types of people participate from ultra runners to first time walkers who all share the one focus of raising much needed funds for over 400 different charities including:
- Cancer Research UK
- Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Macmillan Cancer Support
- Alzheimer’s Society
- Help for Hero’s
- Breakthrough Breast Cancer
- Make – A – Wish
Please find an outline of where the event will pass:
ANTICIPATED PARTICIPANT TIMINGS AT ROUTE POINTS
The event commences with the first participants leaving Old Deer Park, Richmond at 6:10am on Saturday 27th May. The final participants are expected in Brighton Race Course by approximately 10:30pm on Sunday 28th May having made their way along the route.
|Location||Time first runner expected*||Time Last Walker expected*|
|Old Deer Park, Richmond||06:10||11:00|
|Green Lane Recreation Park, Kingston||06:57||14:19|
|Oaks Park, Sutton||07:47||18:09|
|New Henhaw Farm, South Nuffield||09:30||23:26|
|Tulleys Farm, West Sussex||09:00||04:20 (Sun)|
|Ardingley College, West Sussex||11:17||10:36 (Sun)|
|Wivelsfield Primary School, East Sussex||12:48||14:34 (Sun)|
|Plumptons College, East Sussex||13:56||18:08 (Sun)|
|Brighton Race Course, East Sussex||14:49:00||22:30 (Sun)|
*These are the estimated times of the very first runners and the slowest walkers. The majority of participants are likely to start passing through several hours after the fastest runners, and several hours before the last walkers.
EVENT PLANNING INFORMATION
- Route is fully marked with pink arrows
- Marshals, Guides and medics will patrol the route.
- Road warning signs (for both traffic and participants) where necessary.
- All signage removed after the last participants have passed through.
- All participants are requested to follow the highway and country codes, walk on the right, and stay on the designated path and not to litter.
- Event clear-up includes collection of any rubbish along route.
- Action Challenge public liability insurance certificate can be provided upon request.
|WRITE||Action Challenge, United House, North Road, London, N7 9DP|
|TELEPHONE||020 7609 6695|
|WEB||www.actionchallenge.com and www.london2brightonchallenge.com|